We have a wealth of experience working with corporate borrowers (on-shore and off-shore), joint venture partnerships, high net worth individuals, property developers, private lenders and banks and other financial institutions, in real estate finance transactions.
We regularly advise our clients on property development and investment funding, refinances, property portfolio finance arrangements, tax-driven schemes, restructurings and other property related finance transactions. We also frequently act for high net worth individuals in financing the acquisition of, or refinancing, high value residential property.
We regularly act for both lenders and borrowers and can advise on all aspects of secured lending transactions, with particular experience in:
- bilateral and syndicated loan facilities;
- revolving credit facilities;
- development and acquisition finance (commercial and residential);
- advising high net worth individuals on private banking facilities, secured on a UK property;
- amending and restating existing facilities;
- financing high value residential property;
- mezzanine finance; and
- social housing finance.
Our team provide a seamless legal service across their various specialisms to propel the transaction to completion within the required timeframe, including:
- advising on and negotiating the loan and security documentation;
- undertaking full property due diligence;
- producing all necessary reports on title and leases (including full City of London Certificates of Title, where required); and
- assisting with the preparation of the construction suite of documents, undertaking construction due diligence, reporting for funders and monitoring the discharge of development conditions precedent, as required on development finance deals.
We would recommend an early discussion with one of our Real Estate Finance team
as to the nature of the proposed transaction and expectations on timing, so we can assemble a dedicated legal team to offer experienced, commercially focussed and accessible guidance, from start to finish.
Advising a debt fund on its £13m financing of a development site in Hertfordshire
Advising an English limited partnership structure on its £44m development financing facility with a High Street Lender to fund development works at a Technology Park
Acting for a Luxembourg investment vehicle on its £18m financing of the 3 property acquisitions
Advising an offshore fund on the £32m refinancing of two of its UK property portfolios
Advising a Private Family Office on its £17m loan participation in a £31m development loan to an Isle of Man SPV to fund the development of two super-prime properties in London
Advising a senior lender on a £20m development finance transaction to fund the construction of 200 residential units
Advising a Luxembourg borrower on the £12m re-financing of its UK commercial property portfolio
Acting for a Private Family Office on the £75m refinancing of the Family’s UK residential property
Advising an institutional borrower on the acquisition finance of a £90m property portfolio and subsequent restructuring
Advising a Private Family Office on the re-financing of its £80m property portfolio