Angela is a Legal Counsel in the Real Estate team dealing with a variety of commercial and residential property transactions.
Angela advises investors, developers, lenders, borrowers and occupiers on a diverse range of commercial real estate transactions including development transactions, financing from lender and borrower perspective, investment sales and purchases and all aspects of landlord and tenant work.
Angela provides her clients with high quality legal advice combined with excellent project management skills and a focus on service delivery. Her aim is to drive transactions forward at pace in a manner that anticipates and plans around potential issues and meets client’s timing expectations. Her approach is commercial and proactive.
Angela joined Kingsley Napley in 2015 and was previously at Macfarlanes LLP and Speechly Bircham LLP (now Charles Russell Speechlys).
Areas of expertise
- Development: advising on the acquisition, development and disposal of development sites for commercial, residential and mixed use development sites.
- Finance: advising lenders and investors in connection with the acquisition, disposal, development, financing and re-financing of various commercial properties, with particular specialisation in the alternative lending market.
- Investment: acting for institutional and non-institutional clients on both asset and share sale and purchases, with a particular emphasis on portfolio management transactions.
- Landlord and Tenant: acting for a range of investor and developer landlords and corporate occupiers across a number of real estate sectors but primarily offices and industrial estates.
- Acting for a developer client on the site assembly, development and service parcel sales (primarily to residential housebuilders) of a 625 acre development site in Northamptonshire with planning consent for 3,000 homes with extensive community facilities and commercial space including complex option agreements, overage arrangements and multi-conditional sale contracts.
- Acting for an alternative lender on the £41 million financing for the acquisition of a large development site in Welwyn Garden City.
- Acting for a borrower on a £25 million refinancing of its national residential lettings property portfolio.
- Acting for a property investor client on its acquisition by way of asset purchase and subsequent share sale of a £50 million, an 87,000 square foot single let property in Tower Hill, London.
- Acting on the acquisition of a £20 million multi-tenanted industrial estate for a long-standing investor / developer client with a simultaneous refinance of its entire portfolio and the subsequent £22 million sale of part of the client’s portfolio.
Professional societies and memberships
- Property Section of the Law Society
- Women in Property