"Corinne sees straight through all the emotion that surrounds employment issues and gets right to the heart of the matter”
Chambers UK, A Client's Guide to the UK Legal Profession
Corinne is an immensely experienced and highly respected employment lawyer. She advises both employers and senior executives in relation to the full spectrum of employment-related issues. She particularly enjoys dealing with equal opportunities-related issues in the workplace, dealing with grievance and disciplinary investigations and acting in relation to (often hard-fought) whistleblowing and contract claims.
She also enjoys the strategic challenges of team moves and post-termination restrictions (whether acting for team members, the prospective new employer or the existing employer). Much of her work is in the financial and professional services sectors, but she is also active in a wide range of other sectors.
- Corinne has recently been acting for a senior executive against a major bank in relation to a whistle blowing claim, achieving a favourable resolution after having issued employment tribunal proceedings.
- She has recently been advising an employer client in relation to unfair dismissal, age discrimination and whistleblowing claims. The dispute was resolved and litigation was avoided.
- She has also recently been advising an employer client in relation to a collective redundancy exercise, assisting the client to deal with the matter in an orderly and considerate way, while at the same time minimising any legal risks.
Some notable cases include:
- : a leading High Court case in relation to the enforcement of garden leave clauses
- Barton v Investec: a leading Employment Appeal Tribunal case in relation to sex discrimination with regard to bonuses
- Tullett Prebon v El Hajjali: a High Court case concerning liquidated damages clauses in employment contracts
- Western Union Services v Anastasiou: an Employment Appeal Tribunal case in relation to whistleblowing
- The Employment Lawyers Association
- International Bar Association
Corinne is a trustee of a children’s charity, Kids’ City, which aims to advance the education and development of school-age children through providing recreational and educational activities outside school. Corinne is also a Chair of Governors for a local school.
Partner and Head of Department
“I just wanted to say that the good position that I feel in now is to a very large degree due to the excellent advice that I received from you … I felt at all times that you were giving me excellent dispassionate professional advice while completely alert to my personal circumstances”
Senior executive client