Family circumstances play a huge part in our overall wellbeing, and can provide great motivation for, and serious challenges to, working life. KN Families’ initiatives are aimed at supporting our lives outside of work, allowing us to be at our best in work.”
Richard Clayman, Senior Associate
We aim to create a safe, inclusive community within KN to build connections and share resources, information and insights to support working parents and carers.
Here’s just some of what we did in 2021:
- We developed enhanced parental leave packs to support people along every stage of their exciting journey.
- We became the first legal employer to sign the Menopause Workplace pledge.
- introduced a series of new policies and initiatives to help parents and carers, including: a Pregnancy loss policy providing 10 days’ paid time off for all staff who are directly or indirectly affected by this tragedy and a domestic abuse policy.
- signed the Miscarriage Associations Pregnancy Loss Pledge, encouraging firms to ensure that employees going through a difficult, traumatic time get the support and time off they need.
- ran a mini campaign to support national grief and bereavement awareness week.
- Once again hosted ‘Santa’s Grotto’ in our new office to create a positive celebration of working parents and provide the opportunity for children of the firm to visit the office.