Josephine is an associate in the immigration department’s private client team. She joined the team in November 2019, after completing her training contract at Kingsley Napley.
She advises on a broad range of UK immigration matters, in particular:
- Applications by family members under Appendix FM, including spouse and unmarried partner applications;
- Immigration implications of international surrogacy and adoption, working with colleagues in the family team;
- Complex nationality matters and registration applications;
- Global Talent applications – with a particular focus on those seeking endorsement through Tech Nation;
- Advising those looking to start a business in the UK under the Innovator and Start-Up categories, which have now replaced the Entrepreneur visa, and assisting existing Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) clients with their extension and indefinite leave to remain applications;
- Applications made under the European Settlement Scheme.
Prior to joining Kingsley Napley, Josephine studied Law with French at the University of Birmingham. As part of her degree, she spent a year studying French Law at the Université Panthéon-Assas in Paris.
What clients Have said
“Responsive, professional, and compassionate."
Josephine did a great job with my Global Talent visa application. I received the best possible service and assistance."
- Family Law Journal – ‘Parenting under Immigration and Family law – Sole Responsibility is outdated and at odds with the Children Act’ , August 2018.
Professional societies and memberships
- Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)
- UK Centre for Animal Law (A-Law)
- London Young Lawyers Group
- Law Society