The purpose of the Environmental group is to review and highlight functions and actions throughout the firm which affect, or are affected by the environment. The Group continually assesses the firm's procedures and practices, and evaluates whether it is housekeeping or purchasing to ensure the environmental effects are the most positive.
As a firm, we recognise that we have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of the firm's strategy and operating methods. We also want to encourage suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Our aims are to conduct all our operations with respect to the environment, lower our impact by reducing waste, whilst using raw materials, water and energy efficiently. We want to:
- Improve environmental awareness in the firm
- Be able to show we are considering the environment
- Continually review products, services and suppliers to ensure they have environmental awareness in their own businesses
Areas for particular focus
The areas of particular focus for us as a firm are:
- Purchasing: where possible, choose environmentally-aware suppliers and products
- Energy-saving: methods to reduce our energy use
- Low energy lighting
- Energy-efficient equipment (e.g. dishwashers)
- Double-sided printing to reduce paper use