Neil joined the Real Estate team in November 2007 having previously worked as Partner in a provincial law firm and before that for many years at a well-known London practice. He brings 25 years of commercial property experience to the team.
Areas of expertise
- Site acquisitions for development
- Conditional contracts, options and rights of pre-emption
- Landlord and Tenant transactions
- Sales and purchases of commercial properties including portfolio acquisitions and disposals
- Negotiating section 106 Agreements
- Acting on a riverside development site where the client acquired various leasehold interests being a hotel, heliport terminal and a penthouse. This involved putting in place a complicated leasehold structure to preserve the client’s freehold interest in the adjoining site.
- Acting in the grant of Building Licences to 2 well known house builders of part of a very large residential development site in the Midlands. The Building Licences contained complicated overage provisions.
- Acting for a Landlord client with significant high profile property interests in the capital in the grant of a lease to a major private healthcare operator. The Agreement for Lease was conditional on obtaining a ‘dual use’ planning consent.
- Acting for a landlord of an iconic London property on a re-gearing and restructuring of a lease with associated option agreements.
In his limited spare time Neil enjoys being with his family, playing golf and watching football, not necessarily all at the same time.