John is a partner in the corporate and commercial team and specialises in the business needs of entrepreneurial, high growth and family businesses, advising them throughout their lifecycle - from start-up through to listing and beyond.
He advises on a wide variety of corporate matters, including:
- acquisitions and disposals of businesses both in the UK and internationally
- private and public equity fundraising, including through the EIS and SEIS schemes, venture capital and private fundraisings and listings and secondary fundraisings on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, AIM and Aquis Exchange
- business structuring and restructuring
- joint ventures and shareholder agreements
- fund structuring and documentation
- non-contentious FCA regulatory issues
- LLP and partnership issues, including drafting and negotiation of complex control and remuneration structures in LLP agreements
- shareholder and partnership disputes
John also advises on the UK regulatory treatment of cryptocurrencies as well as assisting with fundraising via initial coin offerings and is a member of the firm’s crypto assets group.
John prides himself on being focused on what is commercially important to his clients, responsive and innovative. He takes time to learn about his clients’ businesses and the key issues they face which allows him to develop effective and efficient solutions to issues they face.
What clients and directories say
John was noted in the Legal 500 2019 for his work in mergers and acquisitions transactions up to £50 million.
Professional societies and memberships
- EIS Association
- Law Society
- Quoted Companies Alliance