Matthew is an Associate in our Real Estate team. He has experience in most areas of commercial and residential real estate matters, acting for large property investors, landlords and tenants, developers, lenders, pension trustees, PLCs and entrepreneurs.
Areas of expertise:
- Lease negotiations on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Site acquisitions and disposals for commercial, residential and mixed use development
- Commercial and residential portfolio sales and purchases
- Property auction sales and purchases
- Portfolio management including licences to underlet/assign/alter, lease renewals/extensions
- Secured lending, acting for both lenders and borrowers
- Overage agreements, Options, pre-emption rights and conditional contracts
- Acting for a charity acquiring a commercial ground rent portfolio of over 50 properties.
- Acting for a family property company on the freehold of a large residential development with over 50 units whilst simultaneously selling 4 of the leasehold units to the same buyer.
- Acting for a SIPP in relation to the purchase and leaseback of a commercial property within a complex ownership and lending structure.
- Acting for a peer to peer lender in relation to development finance.
- Acting for a property investor on the £4m refinance of a multi-let business park in Oxford.
- Acting for an entrepreneur on the purchase of an £18m house in an exclusive neighbourhood in Hampstead.
Professional Societies and Memberships
Before joining Kingsley Napley in 2021, Matthew qualified as a solicitor at a firm based in the North East of England in 2017. He then moved to Solomon Taylor and Shaw, a boutique property firm based in Hampstead, London.
In his spare time Matthew can be found cycling, cooking or watching Middlesbrough F.C. play football. Matthew also enjoys travelling, and has spent periods of his life living in U.S.A, Australia and New Zealand, where he spent the winter season working as a ski instructor.