Anna is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution team with a wide range of litigation experience, including in complex commercial, trust, succession, and Court of Protection disputes.
Anna trained at Kingsley Napley and joined the Dispute Resolution team in 2016. She has been recommended in Legal 500.
Anna acts for clients bringing and defending claims against estates, including challenges to the validity of wills, and claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. She regularly advises beneficiaries and trustees in relation to trust-related disputes, such as breaches of trust, directions applications, and claims pursuant to the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996. Anna also has experience in Court of Protection disputes relating to the appointment or conduct of attorneys and deputies and the recovery of assets misappropriated from incapacitated individuals.
Anna’s wider litigation experience includes complex and high value corporate and contractual disputes, multi-jurisdictional fraud cases, intellectual property, and professional negligence claims.
Anna is a member of the firm’s Charity and Pro Bono Committees. She volunteers at the Royal Courts of Justice Citizens Advice Centre and Queen Mary Legal Advice Centre, where she supervises the contentious probate advice sessions. She carries out pro bono work for Z2K, a charity which provides representation for individuals at the First Tier Tribunal in relation to the refusal of disability benefits.
Areas of experience
- Wills, Trusts and Inheritance Disputes;
- Court of Protection Disputes;
- Commercial and Contract Disputes;
- Corporate & Internal Investigations;
- Professional Negligence;
- Civil fraud; and
- Litigation with multi-jurisdictional elements
- Successfully settling a 1975 Act claim for a surviving spouse who had been left out of her husband’s will, and achieving a substantial award.
- Acting in a complex dispute concerning the misappropriation of estate assets held through trust structures in multiple jurisdictions.
- Acting for an adult child in successfully settling a 1975 Act claim, and achieving a significant increase to the inheritance received under his father’s will.
- Acting for an executor in relation to claims against an estate concerning allegations of historical sexual abuse by the deceased.
- Acting in a multijurisdictional claim involving the recovery of funds which had been misappropriated from pension funds.
- Acting in a high value Consumer Credit Act dispute regarding unpaid loans.
- Acting for a deputy in relation to an application for directions to the Court of Protection regarding the sale of P’s assets, and application for the removal of the deputy by P.
- Acting for Rangers Football Club in various proceedings and contractual disputes with Sports Direct.
- Acting as assistant to the Supervising Solicitor in a case involving search orders and delivery up orders.
- Achieving a commercial settlement for a company in a claim about the ownership of valuable intellectual property, and allegations of conspiracy to defraud.
- Acting in a dispute between co-trustees regarding a disagreement regarding the entitlement of beneficiaries to income distributions and how to invest the trust assets.
Professional societies and memberships
- Completed the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists qualification
- Court of Protection Practitioners Association
- The Contentious Trusts Association
- Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Law Society