Andreas is a partner in our employment team. He has substantial litigation experience, with a particular focus on complex and high value employment and partnership disputes.
Andreas’ areas of specialism include:
- Senior executive contracts and severance arrangements
- Discrimination law
- Restrictive covenants and team moves
- Redundancies and restructurings
- Whistleblowing and internal investigations
- Regulated professionals and firms
Andreas has a particular interest in international and cross border employment law. He is a former president of the labour law commission of AIJA.
Andreas is equally experienced in acting for employers, senior executives and partners, allowing him to understand the issues and tactics on both sides of the table.
What clients and directories say
‘truly excellent’ (Senior partner of US law firm client)
‘We always felt we had your undivided attention and could contact you whenever we needed to. Your flexibility in handling new issues, changing timetables and tight deadlines was invaluable to us’
(CEO and HR Director of client)
"Can I say once again how pleased we are with the assistance we receive from your team.’"(Chairman of client)
"Great assistance and knowledge. Served my business needs very well. Would highly recommend Andreas." (Corporate client)
"Thank you so much for your time, thought, professionalism, standard of care and laughter! All so much appreciated." (Senior executive client)
Recent senior executive experience
- Advised founder on successful defence of a £1.8 million claim for breach of confidentiality, restrictive covenants and fiduciary duties in a team move case.
- Advised the CEO of a multinational bank on contractual documentation setting out substantial bonus entitlements. Later advised on resolution of a board room dispute involving a seven figure settlement.
- Acted for the chief executive of a public body in protracted disciplinary proceedings and claims for breach of contract, disability discrimination, and unfair dismissal.
- Advised a dual US-UK national on high value and multi-jurisdictional claims against a large multinational after his assignment as country manager of an overseas subsidiary was terminated.
- Substantial experience of representing partners, board directors and senior executives on the employment ramifications of criminal and regulatory investigations, for example FCA and SFO investigations (frequently working with Kingsley Napley’s white collar crime and regulatory teams). Acted for senior in-house lawyer posted overseas in connection with a constructive dismissal and bonus claim arising out of an international bribery investigation by the SFO and DOJ.
- Represented a fund management executive in high value age, disability and sex discrimination proceedings, and the successful challenge of HMRC’s adjudication of the taxation of a substantial confidential settlement.
- Represented a leading US law firm in defending seven figure sex and maternity discrimination claims.
- Advised a leading City firm on the employment aspects of a sensitive and complex internal investigation, working as part of Kingsley Napley’s internal investigations and fraud team. Various issues arose including whistleblowing, suspension and bonus terms, work related stress complaints, regulatory notification and disciplinary proceedings.
- Defending various discrimination and whistleblowing claims acting for two UK regulatory bodies.
- Acted for a private equity firm in defending high value discrimination claims (age, sex and race) brought by an employee who was unsuccessful in their application for partnership.
- Advised a fund management firm on a restructuring of their London office and their acquisition of a team from a competitor.
- Substantial experience of advising employers and firms on senior management and partner appointments and terminations, reorganisations and restructurings, as well as contractual and policy matters. Recently advised major listed financial services company on appointment of new group chief executive (subject to Senior Managers Regime) and US hedge fund on departure of a founding partner.
Professional societies and memberships