Andreas is a partner in our employment team and advises clients on all aspects of employment law, contentious and non-contentious.
Andreas’ areas of specialism include:
- Senior executive contracts and severance arrangements
- Discrimination law
- Restrictive covenants
- Redundancies and restructurings
- Internal investigations
- Business transfers and TUPE
Andreas has substantial litigation experience, with a particular focus on complex and high value employment claims. He also advises his clients on employment law issues such as absence and performance management, disciplinary and grievance procedures, and family-friendly rights.
He has a particular interest in international and cross border employment law. He is a former president of the labour law commission of AIJA.
Andreas is equally experienced in acting for employers and senior executives, allowing him to understand the issues and tactics on both sides of the table.
What clients and directories say
‘truly excellent’ (Senior partner of client)
‘We always felt we had your undivided attention and could contact you whenever we needed to. Your flexibility in handling new issues, changing timetables and tight deadlines was invaluable to us’
(CEO and HR Director of client)
"Can I say once again how pleased we are with the assistance we receive from your team.’"(Chairman of client)
"Great assistance and knowledge. Served my business needs very well. Would highly recommend Andreas." (Corporate client)
"Thank you so much for your time, thought, professionalism, standard of care and laughter! All so much appreciated." (Senior executive client)
- Represented a major US law firm in defending seven figure sex and maternity discrimination claims.
- Advised a leading professional services organisation on the employment aspects of a sensitive and complex internal investigation into wrongdoing by senior executives, working as part of Kingsley Napley’s internal investigations and fraud team. Various issues arose including whistleblowing, suspension and bonus terms, work related stress complaints, the alleged complicity of senior management, and the conduct of disciplinary proceedings.
- Acted for an outsourced services provider in media and regulatory investigations regarding alleged breaches of employment protection legislation, following a TUPE transfer on a 2nd generation outsourcing. Going on to defend the company in employment tribunal proceedings brought by 13 of the employees.
- Has acted for UK regulators in discrimination and whistleblowing claims.
- Acted for a private equity firm in defending high value discrimination claims (age, sex and race) brought by an employee who was dismissed after failing to make partner.
- Advised a fund management firm on a restructuring of their London office and the acquisition of a fund management team from a competitor.
- Advised a technology group on grievance and disciplinary proceedings, then the defence of claims raised by a disabled employee in connection with their dismissal for poor performance.
- Acted for a real estate company in defending a high value bonus claim.
- Acted for a leading international office supplies company in defending race discrimination and unfair dismissal claims following a restructuring.
- Substantial experience of advising employers on senior management terminations, reorganisations and restructurings, as well as contractual and policy matters, frequently acting for international companies alongside our business immigration team.
- Various team moves and restrictive covenant disputes.
Recent senior executive experience
- Advised the CEO of a multinational bank on contractual documentation setting out substantial bonus entitlements. Later advised on resolution of a board room dispute involving a seven figure settlement.
- Acted for the chief executive of a public body in protracted disciplinary proceedings and claims for breach of contract, disability discrimination, and unfair dismissal.
- Advised the London head of energy trading at a global investment bank on his position during a merger, then in exit negotiations leading to a substantial exit package. Has acted for numerous other directors and senior executives on contract and severance negotiations.
- Advised a dual US-UK national on high value and multi-jurisdictional claims against a large multinational after his assignment as country manager of an overseas subsidiary was terminated.
- Substantial experience of representing board directors and senior executives on the employment ramifications of criminal and regulatory investigations, for example FCA and SFO investigations (frequently working with Kingsley Napley’s white collar crime and regulatory teams).
- Various chief police officer cases involving a broad spectrum of complex employment and public law issues.
- Acted for an investment banker in claims of disability discrimination, race discrimination and whistleblowing.
- Represented a fund management executive in high value age, disability and sex discrimination proceedings, and the successful challenge of HMRC’s adjudication of the taxation of a substantial confidential settlement.
Professional societies and memberships