Katie is an Associate in the Real Estate team specialising in residential property, having joined the firm in June 2020.
Katie has a wide range of real estate experience, including both contentious and transactional matters. Katie has acted for developers and housebuilders, corporate investors, and high net worth individuals.
Prior to joining Kingsley Napley, Katie trained and worked at Womble Bond Dickinson, qualifying into their Residential and Housing team in September 2019. Katie’s training included a 6 month secondment to a large freehold asset management company, acting in-house for professional investors in residential property. Whilst there, Katie gained experience in advising on a variety of contentious property matters, including landlord and tenant matters and right to manage claims.
Katie has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Residential : acting for individuals and corporate investors in acquiring and disposing of flats and houses, both owner-occupied and tenanted
- Development and site assembly : acting for a range of housebuilders from boutique regional to PLC in acquiring development sites, as well as acting on related matters such as site assembly, affordable housing disposals and infrastructure agreements
- Commercial : acting in acquiring and disposing of commercial and mixed-use properties
- Property Investment : acting in the sale and purchase of portfolios of residential properties for property companies
- Real Estate Finance : assisting in the re-financing of residential property portfolios for corporate investors
- Landlord and Tenant / Portfolio Management : advising freeholders and professional landlords in relation to the management of their residential properties, particularly focussed on contentious matters
- Acting for high net worth individuals in both the sale and purchase of high value residential properties
- Assisting with the acquisition of two development sites for a boutique housebuilder, working under joint venture structures with land owners
- Assisting with the disposal of land on a large development site to a national supermarket chain
- Handling the acquisition of seven adjoining sites of land for a PLC housebuilder and acting in subsequent site assembly matters
- Assisting in the multi-million pound sale of a block of 26 flats with a mixed-use unit in central London
Professional societies and memberships
- The Law Society
- Women in Property