"I want to thank you… words can’t describe how happy I am and it’s all because of you."
"Thank you for all your excellent advice, help and guidance… efficiently and within a relatively quick timeframe."
Alfie is an associate in the firm’s Regulatory team.
Alfie specialises in advising regulated professionals who are subject to investigations and disciplinary proceedings in the legal, finance and healthcare sectors. He has a particular interest and expertise in advising students who face behavioural, sexual or academic misconduct allegations brought by their education providers. Alfie is well-versed in considering the best tactical approach to defending such matters, bearing in mind the potential financial and reputational implications for individuals involved in such processes. In the legal sector, Alfie works across the professions, acting for firms and solicitors as well as barristers and judges.
Alfie also advises regulators on their policies, governance and in regulatory litigation.
Prior to qualification, Alfie read law at the University of Nottingham, graduating in 2016, before completing the LPC at the University of Law with distinction. He is able to bring a criminal law perspective to regulatory matters, having previously worked for three years in the field of criminal litigation.
- Successfully defended a student in relation to an academic misconduct matter, resulting in dismissal of the case.
- Advising a European start-up tech firm providing legal services on its regulatory obligations in the UK.
- Advising a solicitor in respect of an SRA investigation and drafting a response to allegations.
- Advising a national voluntary regulator in relation to its disciplinary procedure and case preparation.
Professional Societies and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- City of London Solicitors’ Company