Our market leading immigration team has provided services to the tech sector for many years, from entrepreneurs in the early stages of establishing start-ups to the largest global organisations.
The UK’s immigration rules present a range of options for tech entrepreneurs and companies seeking to relocate to and set up business ventures in the UK. We recognise the immigration issues you typically have to deal with, including for example:
- Quickly securing a flexible immigration status for the founder of the business which allows for the business to go in any direction and provides the swiftest route to indefinite leave to remain
- Being able to efficiently recruit a team of specialist technical staff when you need them, regardless of where they are from
- Applying for a sponsor licence for a business when it is in its earliest stages and does not necessarily have traditional office premises and staffing structures
- Establishing a new UK base for a tech business currently operating outside the UK
- Obtaining a suitable UK immigration status for talented tech entrepreneurs who wish to start their own innovative business
- You may already be a global organisation that needs to transfer staff from one office to another in order to share skills and experience
EXAMPLES OF OUR WORK
- Obtaining a sponsor licence for a start-up tech business based at a residential address with staff working remotely
- Assisting leading digital tech entrepreneurs with Tech Nation Global Talent applications on the basis of exceptional talent and exceptional promise
- Assisting entrepreneurs with prospective Start-up and Innovator applications, including advice in relation to finding a suitable endorsing body
- Advising an international software company on the immigration compliance aspects of its complex multi-billion dollar acquisition of an integration platform provider
- Assisting with Skilled Worker applications on the basis of tech roles identified as a UK shortage occupation
- Assisting an international tech and information company with a representative of an overseas business/sole representative (now Global Business Mobility - UK Expansion Worker) application for a senior level employee to set up a UK corporate presence
FULL SERVICE LEGAL ADVICE FOR THE TECH SECTOR
We are a full service law firm and are able to work collaboratively with our colleagues in other departments to provide you with the comprehensive tech focused legal services you require.
Across our firm we have a commitment to the tech sector, as shown for example in our specialist Entrepreneurs group made up of team members across our immigration, corporate and commercial, employment, real estate, disputes and tax teams. Our corporate and commercial team provides dedicated technology law advice and we are proud to sponsor and act as legal advisers to Angel Academe.
Partner and Head of Department
Ilda de Sousa
Immigration Advisor (Global Lead)
Senior Immigration Advisor
Jessica Jim 詹穎怡
Professional Support Lawyer