Temporary work

We advise individuals and employers on all Temporary Worker categories in the UK. 

Before 1 December 2020 these categories fell within Tier 5.  We can assist with all types of Temporary Worker applications, including those highlighted below.

Youth Mobility Scheme

We regularly assist with Youth Mobility Scheme applications for those who are a national of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, India, Iceland, Taiwan and Monaco.  Where the individual starts working in the UK and is required for the long term, we can also then assist with switching into the Skilled Worker category from within the UK in order to be on a route to settlement (indefinite leave to remain).

Government Authorised Exchange (including interns)

The Government Authorised Exchange (GAE) allows people from outside the UK to come to the UK to undertake training and work experience.  There are currently around 60 approved GAE schemes.

One of the most popular schemes is for Interns and we regularly assist with such applications that allow recent graduates to take part in a structured internship and work experience programme in the UK.

Creative or Sporting

As shown in our media, entertainment and sports sector focus we regularly assist artists, entertainers, musicians and sportspeople apply for a Temporary Worker visa to come to the UK for short term work engagements.  Those working in the creative industries for short periods of time may also qualify for entry as a visitor for business under the permitted paid engagements exemption.


We assist applicants entering the UK to undertake unpaid voluntary work for a registered UK charity.

Religious Workers

We assist with Temporary Worker applications for Religious Workers undertaking non-pastoral roles.

Skip to content Home About Us Insights Services Contact Accessibility