The extent of restrictions placed on trustees by a trust deed (South Downs Trustees Ltd v GH)
Legal 500, 2016
Laura joined Kingsley Napley in 2012 and is an associate in the dispute resolution department. She acts for both claimants and defendants.
Laura represents individuals as well as companies, directors and shareholders and entrepreneurs and has a wide range of litigation experience.
She has particular expertise in Wills, Trusts and Inheritance disputes having undertaken the ACTAPS Associate Course and was recommended in the Legal 500 2016 for her expertise in this field.
• Contentious probate and trust disputes
• Financial services disputes
• Shareholder and boardroom disputes
• Commercial and contract disputes
• Litigation with a multi-jurisdictional element
• Assisting the beneficiaries in a complex contentious probate claim, across multiple jurisdictions where the Wills were being challenged on the grounds of lack of valid execution, capacity and undue influence.
• Obtaining successful settlements in relation to a number of contentious probate disputes with particular allegations of undue influence.
• Applying for interim anti-suit and freezing injunctions in relation to English and Dutch contentious probate proceedings  EWHC 2860 (Ch).
• Acting for minority shareholder in unfair prejudice petition in respect of well-known international fashion company.
• Acting for former directors of companies accused of misappropriation and breaches of restrictive covenants.
• Acting for a director of a company in successfully striking out a multi-million pound claim against him for lack of jurisdiction  EWHC 1905 (Ch).
• Judge v Bahd  EWHC 2206: Representing a successful claimant in relation to an unfair prejudice petition where the director-shareholder had been unfairly excluded from management of two companies operating as a quasi-partnership.
• Acting for claimants in financial services claims concerning mis-selling, misrepresentation, professional negligence and LIBOR manipulation.
• Defending a company director against potential disqualification proceedings.
• Assisting in Lucasfilm v Andrew Ainsworth  3 WLR 487 – copyright action concerning the reproduction of ‘Stormtrooper’ helmets and armour.
Skip to content Home About Us Insights Services Contact Accessibility