Claire is a Property Litigation partner within the Real Estate and Construction team providing advice, representation and support across the full spectrum of property matters including commercial and residential disputes. She acts for both landlords and tenants, landowners and developers as well as HNW individuals and is able to advise in insolvency situations where there are properties involved.
Claire joined us in October 2021 from a national law firm where she headed up to two teams in England and she has a particular expertise in the retail sector. Claire always strives to provide pragmatic and commercial advice and to understand her clients’ needs and objectives.
Some recent examples of the assistance Claire has provided include:
- Representing a global technology services provider defending a £1m claim for dilapidations which was successfully compromised at mediation;
- Acting for a family property company in a claim for dilapidations against a former commercial tenant;
- Acting for a restaurateur in a dispute with a former franchisee in relation to improvements made at a property;
- Providing advice to a national house builder about enforceability of mutual covenants in long residential leases;
- Acting for a HNW individual with an intervention in divorce proceedings to obtain a charge to protect an interest held in property;
- Representing a property owner in relation to a long leaseholder’s application for consent to alter;
- Providing advice to a property owner in relation to a tenant’s proposal to enter into a CVA;
- Defending an offshore company in relation to a worldwide freezing order concerning assets within the jurisdiction which included defending a mortgagee’s claim for possession of a £20m property;
- Represented a HNW individual involved with a multi-million pound redevelopment of a property in a party wall dispute.
WHAT CLIENTS HAVE SAID
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Property Litigation Association
- Panel member of Lexis Nexis Property Disputes Law Experts
- Caution advised on rent disputes, Property Week, March 2022.