Bukunmi joined the Immigration team as an Associate in April 2021 and is a member of the department’s private client team.
Bukunmi is experienced in assisting a wide range of clients with their UK immigration matters, in particular private individuals, who wish to work, study, visit or relocate to the UK. She advises on a broad range of UK immigration matters, including:
- Applications for status under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS);
- Nationality, UK passport applications and applications based on UK ancestry;
- Applications for family members under Appendix FM;
- Assisting high-net worth individuals with applications under the Tier 1 (Investor) and Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) categories; and
- Advising on the UK’s visitor provisions.
Prior to joining Kingsley Napley, Bukunmi worked at Laura Devine Immigration for four years and gained extensive experience in both corporate and general immigration matters.
- Advising on complex nationality applications, particularly where the applicant has excess absences from the UK;
- Clarifying the scope of the UK’s visitor provisions for individuals who frequently travel to the UK on business;
- Advising various clients whose status or intended applications have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and where required, liaising with the Home Office to request an exercise of discretion; and
- Various applications under categories such as the EUSS, Skilled Worker, UK Ancestry, and returning resident.
- Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA)
- Law Society
- Amicus ALJ