Real Estate litigation requires specialist knowledge and expertise. Our dedicated real estate litigation lawyers have experience in both the commercial and residential sector having acted for major pension funds and institutional investors to individual landlords, tenants and property owners. Advice is always commercial and tailored to meet each client’s needs.
As with all disputes, we understand the importance of strategy to secure the desired outcome preferably avoiding litigation at all. Whilst litigation is sometimes unavoidable, we consider risk avoidance a major part of what we can offer and, with this in mind, we work closely with our Real Estate department. Examples of our areas of work are listed below but we can advise on any property/land related dispute:
- Management work such as 1954 Act lease renewals (opposed and unopposed), rent review disputes, dilapidation claims, lease exits, forfeiture, recovery of possession, enforcement of covenants and service of notices (break notices in particular).
- Commercial and Residential Landlord & Tenant including service charge disputes, possession claims, enfranchisement and lease extensions.
- Rent arrears and debt recovery.
- Insolvency related property issues.
- Easement and restrictive covenant disputes.
- Development disputes involving party wall and rights to light issues, development agreements and, working with our Construction team, construction related litigation.
- Co-ownership issues/trust disputes.
- Property-related fraud.
Partner and Head of Department
Dr Rosa Malley
Professional Support Lawyer
Senior Litigation Executive