Robert is a solicitor specialising in construction and engineering law. He sits within the real estate team.
His practice focuses on transactional construction work in the real estate development sector. He has experience of working for a range of clients including developers, 'employers', funders, purchasers, landlords, tenants, contractors, consultants and sub-contractors.
Robert holds a LLB in English Law & French Law from King's College London and a Masters 1 en Droit from the university Paris 1 (Panthéon-Sorbonne).
- Advising ‘one-off employer’ GP surgery clients on construction documentation for medical centre developments throughout the UK (including amendments to JCT standard/D&B building contract terms, professional appointments, collateral warranties, security instruments, letters of intent and associated documentation).
- Drafting and advising a specialist regeneration developer on the construction documentation (and the construction aspects of the agreement for lease and development agreement) for both phases of the conversion of a historic building in Sheffield into student accommodation.
- Advising the development arm of a major European building contractor on the construction aspects of a development agreement for student accommodation in Southampton.
- Advising a Swedish technology company in relation to the construction documentation for the base build works (due diligence) and fit-out works (drafting and negotiation) for the construction of a factory in Warwickshire.
- Advising the freeholder, the investment arm of a leading architectural design consultancy, in relation to the construction elements of the licence for alterations and undertaking due diligence work on the construction documentation in relation to a top floor extension proposed by the tenant to an iconic London riverside office building.
- Construction due diligence work for one of the world’s largest banks providing finance for a series of retirement home developments throughout the UK.
Society of Construction Law (SCL)
French (fluent) and Spanish (advanced)
publications and press
'Reports from the Courts: April 2014', Construction Law Magazine