Jessica advises on all aspects of UK immigration, nationality and European applications. She has significant experience advising high net worth individuals, particularly entrepreneur clients wishing to establish or take over a business in the UK. Her speciality in advising Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applicants has enabled Jessica to build a significant client base over the years and she is often sought after for her advice on Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) applications. Jessica also has extensive experience advising Tier 1 (Investor) clients and their family's relocation to the UK. She has also advised on a number of complex European and nationality cases, as well as personal and family matters.
Jessica has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Preparing Tier 1 Investor applications for the investor and their family to live in the UK.
- Providing advice to Tier 1 Entrepreneur clients in meeting the ‘genuine entrepreneur’ test, with experience preparing extension and accelerated settlement applications.
- Advising on a wide range of applications made under European law, particularly on complex family cases.
- Obtaining visas for a spouse/partner of a British citizen or settled person in the UK and advising on the financial requirement.
- Advising on Nationality and Registration applications for British citizenship, particularly for applicants with excessive absences from the UK.
Jessica was born in Hong Kong and relocated to the UK with her family at a young age. She can speak fluent Cantonese and some Mandarin.
Jessica has worked on a number of complex immigration, nationality and European cases and the below are some of her highlights:
- Jessica successfully appealed the refusal of an indefinite leave to remain application by challenging the Home Office’s interview procedures in assessing the client’s English language level.
- She overturned the refusal of a Tier 1 Entrepreneur application through extensive correspondence with the Home Office during the Administrative Review process when they took issue with the client’s investments made by way of a director’s loan.
- A client was refused a UK visa and also removed from the UK but Jessica managed to obtain a UK visitor visa for the client a few months later.
- Jessica successfully challenged the decision to refuse a Family Permit for the client’s mother, who was a dependant under European law.
Professional societies and memberships
- Inner Temple Inns of Court
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives