“David Davies is the name to note here; his practice covers all aspects of public and private company work, with a track record of transactions in the tech space.”
Legal 500 UK, 2021
David is a partner in the Corporate & Commercial team. His practice covers all aspects of corporate law, advising owner-managed and venture-backed businesses, investors and management on transactional matters. He also advises on restructuring, LLPs / partnerships and corporate governance matters.
David has extensive experience of the UK public markets (particularly, the AIM market), having advised on numerous IPOs, secondary fundraisings and takeovers, acting for issuers, nomads / sponsors and brokers.
David’s practice is particularly focussed on the small to mid-cap market, where he has a particular in-depth understanding of and noteworthy track record advising on transactions in the technology sector. He has also developed a reputation advising on transactional matters in the ESG-focussed “impact economy”.
David prides himself in quickly getting to understand a client’s objectives before giving advice in its commercial context, getting off the fence whenever he can.
Prior to joining Kingsley Napley as a partner in the corporate and commercial team in October 2020, David was a partner in the corporate team at Bates Wells and before that, he was at Olswang.
What the directories say
- David Davies is the name to note here; his practice covers all aspects of public and private company work, with a track record of transactions in the tech space.” Legal 500 2021
- "Recognised as a key lawyer in M&A." Legal 500, 2020
- "[David] handles ‘very complex matters’ and ‘really knows his stuff’." Legal 500 2017
- "He is ‘practical and completely unflappable’." Legal 500 2016
- "He is logical, thorough and good-natured." Legal 500 2015
What clients say
- "He is easy to communicate with and very prompt."
- "He did a great job of steering us through the process."
- "He is very competent and absolutely on the nail in terms of keeping us on the straight and narrow."
- "He is highly professional, highly efficient, always available and made me feel I was his most important client. He went the extra mile."
Professional societies and memberships
- Society for Computers and Law
- Quoted Companies Alliance
- Law Society of England & Wales
Languages: Spanish (CEFR Level B1/B2) and French (CEFR Level A2).