“It’s a great pleasure to work with Ben. He is on top of each case and supports me in every possible way.”
Ben has ten years' global immigration experience and joined Kingsley Napley in March 2016 as a Global Immigration Manager in the corporate immigration team. He specialises in the coordination and project management of non-UK immigration matters which includes advising clients on work permit and consular processes with the assistance of KN Global’s partner network. His approach is very much one of developing partnerships and collaborating with clients, our global network and other global mobility service providers.
Before joining Kingsley Napley, Ben led the EMEA immigration practice for a global relocation and mobility services company. He has previously worked as a senior consultant in the client services team at Fragomen LLP, coordinating transactional immigration cases across complex jurisdictions and acting as a primary relationship contact to senior executives.
Ben has many years’ experience advising a range of companies in the IT, oil and gas, and pharmaceutical sectors. He has also managed short-term global immigration assignments for international law firms and media corporations.
Ben regularly advises clients with a growing global footprint and focuses on the smooth transition of employees across borders to ensure future business success. This requires partnering with clients to deliver a strategic and proactive approach to service delivery, an awareness of changing immigration regulations across multiple jurisdictions and a deep sense of empathy for individual employees being sent on assignment.
- American Immigration Lawyers' Association, Global Migration Section (AILA, GMS) Non-lawyer Taskforce
- AILA GMS 2020 European Conference Committee
- Regularly advising across creative industries including:
- the music industry (arranging visas for a well-known Nigerian artist’s tour, including a work permit for the US and Schengen visa for use across Europe);
- the fashion industry (visas for models working in China);
- journalism (including business visitor applications to Nigeria);
- the arts (including advising a well-known theatre production on visa requirements and work permits for tours in Germany and Asia).
- Partnering with destination service providers, relocation management companies and tax specialists on relocation and mobility projects to deliver global immigration services.
Media and publications
- Speaker at American Immigration Lawyers' Association (AILA) Global Migration Section conference in Budapest, and at the European Relocation Association (EuRA) conference 2019 in Munich, on Bridging the cultural divide: working effectively and compliantly with diverse clients and local counsel.
- Discussion leader at American Immigration Lawyers' Association (AILA) Global Migration Section conference 2019 in Orlando, on business travel and work authorisation in Europe.
- International Comparative Legal Guides (ICLG) The Return of the Native: “Locals First” as the New Global Immigration Policy Trend (co-author of article).
- American Immigration Lawyers' Association (AILA) Global Migration Section – Introduction to global immigration podcast series: global communication
Ben studied French and Hispanic Studies at the University of Nottingham and is a keen linguist, fluent in French, Spanish, Portuguese and Mauritian Creole. He enjoys combining his passion for travel with visiting family across different continents as frequently as possible. As someone who regularly provides technical input into global mobility matters, Ben is also passionate about the human elements of mobility, including the importance of emotional intelligence and taking into consideration different cultural perspectives.
Global Immigration Manager
Instrumental in ensuring all the key stakeholders were aware of case processing in Kenya.”
Client at pharmaceutical company
Ben has done a great job. His assistance in supporting the VIP cases has been phenomenal.”
Client at IT company