Ben is a Senior Associate and head of the Real Estate Disputes team, within the firm’s Dispute Resolution department. He is an experienced general commercial and fraud litigator, with a broad range of knowledge. He also sits as an independent legal chair in safeguarding and protecting young people tribunals for national sports associations.
Ben has a diverse client base including large multi-national companies, politicians, entrepreneurs, celebrities and professional sports people. He is considered to be one to watch in the future.
He has a loyal following of clients providing long term strategic or urgent litigation advice. He is highly communicative and goes the extra mile to see a dispute properly through to its conclusion. He is pragmatic and savvy to commercial resolutions.
Over the past ten years, Ben has established himself as a highly approachable practitioner who is regularly consulted with unusual scenarios. He offers clear and cost effective advice, always trying to secure the best position for his clients. He has experience in the Court of Appeal and Privy Council. He is also part of the firm’s Sports Law and Private Prosecutions offerings.
- Acting for clients in disputes over ownership of land or property
- Acting for clients in strategic advice pre-litigation with regard to residential and commercial properties
- Acting on behalf of landlords and tenants in relation to both residential and commercial leases, including renewals
- Acting on behalf of landlords and tenants in relation to possession of properties and rent arrears recovery
- Acting for property investment/development companies in disputes with investors
- Acting for various parties in complex construction adjudication and arbitration proceedings
- Acting in a number of complex claims relating to employment contracts, including post termination restrictions, restraint of trade clauses and restrictive covenants
- Acting for clients in bringing claims for undue influence, negligent and fraudulent misrepresentation
- Acting for beneficiaries and personal representatives in a wide range of inheritance and probate claims, including cases where wills have been challenged
- Bringing and defending breach of duty claims for and against directors and disputes involving fall outs between partners, directors and shareholders
- Acting for employees and businesses in respect of fraud in the workplace
- Providing strategic advice to institutional landlords to avoid claims in the future and ensure specific performance of tenants and sub-tenants
- Advising on substantial dilapidations disputes for both landlords and tenants
- Advising national sports associations in relation to child protection matters
Professional societies and memberships
- Property Litigation Association
- Fraud Lawyer’s Association
- Junior London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Middle Temple