Tune into the UK's immigration rules for overseas musicians - Marcia Longdon writes for Lark Music magazine

23 December 2019

Marcia Longdon, immigration partner, writes for Lark Music magazine about the immigration rules for overseas musicians.  

For professional and budding musicians, navigating the UK's immigration system can be challenging. Marcia sheds some light on the potential options depending on whether the musician intends to make a fleeting visit to the UK to perform or to stay for longer.

Help is at hand for musicians who meet the criteria for a Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) where they can show the PPE was arranged before travelling to the UK, the PPE was declared as part of the visitor visa application or on entry at port, they have a formal invitation, and the PPE relates to the musician's area of expertise and occupation overseas and is no longer than four weeks.

Another potential option for musicians is the ‘permit-free festivals’ rule which would allow an overseas musician to work in the UK and be paid so long as the festival(s) they are to perform at are included on the Home Office’s list."

You can read Marcia's full article here.

Further information

For more information on the immigration and visa options for musicians, please contact Marcia Longdon or another member of our immigration team.

Share insightLinkedIn Twitter Facebook Email to a friend Print

Email this page to a friend

You may also be interested in:

Skip to content Home About Us Insights Services Contact Accessibility