Date:15 October 2020
This webinar will give investigators and lawyers working in the field of private prosecutions a helpful update on some of the key principles and developments in costs law. We will also address some of the practical considerations that apply when submitting an application for costs assessment to the Criminal Cases Unit.
- Quantum of costs – The rules and how to maximise recovery - Fuseon Ltd v Senior Courts Costs Office  EWHC 126 (Admin) & R (Virgin Media Ltd) v Zinga  EWCA Crim 1823
- Investigation Costs – Are they recoverable?
- Enforcement Costs – Are they recoverable? - Somaia, Re  EWHC 1227 (QB) (decision of the CA awaited).
- Judicial review - When is the refusal to award costs amenable to judicial review - R (DPP) v Aylesbury Crown Court  “017 EWHC 2987
- A costs draftperson’s perspective – practical considerations when submitting a costs claim to the CCU
To register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.