Date:17 April 2019
Stephanie Mooney, Associate, Private Client, speaking alongside Harriet Brown of Old Square Tax Chambers.
Specialist Area:Private Client
A download of this webinar is available from SG Legal Conferences and Webinars' website .
- Recap of the basics
- What is the RNRB?
- What is a qualifying residence?
- Meaning of direct descendants
- Meaning of ‘inherited’
- Transferring unused RNRB
- Capturing RNRB in a Will
- touch on type of trusts,
- provide example wording for inclusion in Will
- Lifetime estate planning measures
- to take (or avoid) to ensure estate qualifies for RNRB on death (to cover gifts, deathbed gifts, immediately chargeable transfers)
- Case study
- Common traps for clients
- Misunderstanding (not £1m IHT free),
- Lack of IHT planning (over the taper threshold)
- Problems with the RNRB
- Overly complicated, downsizing rules a minefield, seems to disfavour those without children