Senior Solutions Engineer
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required, flexible applications considered
Monday - Friday
Information and Technology
Purpose of job:
The Senior Solutions Engineer will work closely with both the Infrastructure manager and Senior IT Solutions Delivery Manager to provide support for technical projects and will also be required to maintain and improve the firm’s Infrastructure. This role will work closely with stakeholders across all levels of the firm, as well as regularly interacting with external vendors to review existing and new solutions.
- The primary responsibilities of the role will be the production of technical solution designs for assigned projects, and gaining acceptance and approval from internal stakeholders including IT leadership and the firms project management office (PMO).
- This role will be an active participant in teams formed to progress technical projects and business initiatives.
- In conjunction with the firms Infrastructure team, understand technical and/or integration requirements, and in response develop the technical solution architecture needed to move the project into the next phase.
- Working with the firms PMO to support/lead technical workshops with the vendor/supplier and IT to ensure that all technical requirements are understood before signoff.
- Support Project Managers across the full project lifecycle from design/configuration to implementation and testing through to the transition to support of the technical solution.
- The secondary responsibility of the role will be to provide maintenance and support of our current infrastructure estate – Windows, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare, Hyper-V, including SAN’s
- Work with and managing the relationship of external service providers to ensure services are achieving expected performance levels via monitoring tools and regular interaction (face to face meetings and conference calls).
- Ensuring all IT infrastructure and design documentation is maintained and kept up to date
- Other related ad hoc duties from time to time.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Senior Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please