Personal Assistant day to day duties:
- Coordination of tasks with effective delegation to DPS, AA and other support teams as appropriate; ensuring completed tasks are checked for accuracy, demonstrating attention to detail, and ready to return to the fee earner by given deadlines
- Proactive diary management; looking ahead at fee earner diaries to remind them of diary commitments, taking responsibility for ensuring that they have all supporting paperwork and information for each meeting or appointment
- Arranging internal and external meetings and conference calls, ensuring the smooth running of such meetings and making the appropriate arrangements (e.g. room setup ordering refreshments etc.) and liaising with other support departments as required
- All elements of travel management; booking and arranging travel, preparing detailed itineraries, researching options to ensure the most cost-effective choice
- Professional client liaison, being a first point of contact by telephone and email; taking messages, passing on information and dealing with queries as appropriate in a timely manner
- Efficient mailbox management for fee earners
- Identifying potential issues and coming up with solutions; knowing when to escalate any concerns to Team Leaders or the PA Manager so that a resolution can be found in a timely manner.
Personal Assistant File/Matter duties:
- Assisting with new business enquiries, following departmental processes
- Assisting with file opening by carrying out conflict checks under supervision and as directed; assisting with the preparation of all relevant documentation
- Monitoring new matters to ensure all of the necessary information and documents have been received (e.g. engagement letters/instruction forms/monies on account/money laundering documentation and other compliance documents), informing fee earners when documents are not received and assisting as required
- All elements of document management on the firm’s CMS
- Liaising with the AA team regarding file closures and archiving.
Finance and Billing duties:
- All elements of billing and financial management in accordance with practice area and firm procedures
- Processing expenses, requesting and processing disbursements from external parties
- Preparing electronic bank transfers
- Assistance with client balances
- Assistance with time recording.
Business Support duties:
- Liaising with business support services across the firm, to include: marketing, finance, HR, IT and business engagement.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Molly MacKenzie-Williams (Recruitment Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please