Business Development Executive
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required, flexible applications considered
Monday - Friday
Business Development & Marketing
Purpose of job:
Assisting the Senior Business Development Manager with duties encompassing all elements of the business development process, with a focus on client development and marketing activities including event support – liaising with central teams on scope, delivery and document production, hosting and follow up, digital marketing communications, legal directory submissions and client relationship management data updates.
Specific Department detail:
The Regulatory practice act for individuals, organisations, corporates and regulators, providing advice on regulatory compliance, investigations, adjudication, enforcement and prosecutions. They help clients respond to regulatory investigations and interventions when the continued operation or reputation of the individual or the business is at stake.
The Employment practice act for a broad range of employers including entrepreneurial start-ups, well established public companies and professional services firms. They also represent senior executives and board directors, partners, entrepreneurs, and high profile public figures.
The Immigration practice act for private individuals as well as a wide variety of corporate clients including asset managers, global law firms, technology businesses, banks, private equity firms, consulting businesses, pharmaceutical manufacturers and architects. They assist with strategic planning, end-to-end sponsorship and visa support and provide comprehensive support with UK immigration compliance.
The Clinical Negligence team act for individuals and organisations where medical negligence or personal injury is involved. Typical clients include individuals with life altering injuries or changes in family circumstances. Unlike most practices in law firms, a significant portion of the work is B to C, which requires a reframing of the how you can market their services.
- Attend and minute the monthly BD meeting for assigned department/s and circulate within 24 hours.
- Maintain the team propositions plan and liaise with central data over reporting on client and market data.
- Develop an understanding of the departments and their target markets.
- Manage the BD & Marketing monthly report for the relevant practice areas on activity and keep the department updated about relevant activities in a timely manner.
- Help manage and mentor the BD & Marketing Administrative Assistant
- Track client feedback and assist with the firm client feedback programme.
- Add and amend content on the firm’s website including proof-reading blogs and assisting with podcasts and vlogs
- Manage events, including preparing and sending out invitations, liaising with the relevant internal support teams, including events, digital communications, AV/IT and hospitality.
- Follow up on return on investment metrics for internal and external events.
- Provide assistance at events in the firm’s office and at external venues, including preparing name badges and registration of attendees.
- Regularly update the firm’s intranet regarding BD activities for the designated departments.
- Coordinate with the digital team over the distribution of marketing messages via social media and other internal media, including reporting on activity and interactions and making recommendations for improvements.
- Regularly coordinating with the digital team and update the firm’s website for the teams as necessary.
- Manage email marketing campaigns using the firm’s email software and reporting on the performance of campaigns.
- Working with relevant internal teams e.g. events, PAs, facilities on coordinating attendance at relevant UK and overseas conferences.
- Research relevant market news sources for assigned departments.
- Process BD expenses, invoices and membership renewals, working alongside relevant PAs.
- Support the preparation of documentation required for tenders, pitches, beauty parades and other business development opportunities (including PowerPoint presentations, team sheets and background information on those attending events), providing assistance as required to other relevant internal teams.
- Liaise with the Senior BD managers and report to departments on relevant cross practice opportunities.
- Work with the assigned department(s) on implementing agreed activities.
- Support the Senior BD managers by liaising with our internal marketing and external design agencies to produce relevant materials.
- Assist with competitor analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of submissions to the legal directories: Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
- Liaise with other departments regarding activities e.g. PSLs, Facilities, IT, Finance, HR and Secretarial.
- Potentially support one of the responsible business groups on the implementation of their marketing activities.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Molly MacKenzie-Williams (Recruitment Assistant) at email@example.com
No agencies please