Regulatory Case Support Paralegal (6 month FTC)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm
Monday - Friday
Purpose of job:
To assist the department in its preparation of cases for the firm’s clients and in particular the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the Education Workforce Council (EWC), the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA).
The role will involve providing general support to fee earners in all aspects of regulatory prosecution case investigation and preparation in addition to some regulatory defence work with the following specific duties:
- Preparing legal documents
- Reporting to the client
- Case administration, document review and management
- Contact/witness liaison
- Sorting, labelling and indexing large volumes of documents
- Redacting documents
- Liaising with the Police, NHS Trusts, private health and care providers and local authorities to request/receive documents
- Maintaining and updating the department’s expert witness database
- Maintaining and updating the department’s contact database
- Contacting/ researching/ liaising with experts
- Contacting courts to acquire transcripts and evidence
- Assisting with the preparation of hearing bundles
- Attending and taking notes of internal and client meetings
- Ad hoc duties and other related duties as required.
Every effort has been made to ensure that this is a full description of the tasks and responsibilities of this role. However, it is not an exhaustive list. The job description may be changed or developed at any time to reflect changes as required. However, changes will not be made without full consultation with the post holder.
Kingsley Napley are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and religion.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Molly MacKenzie-Williams (Recruitment Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please