Business Development & Marketing
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, flexible applications considered
Monday - Friday
Business Development & Marketing
Purpose of job:
Working closely with the Head of Clients, Data and Digital, partners involved in each cross firm group, and the Responsible Business Manager, the focus of the role is to build measurable BD&M plans, and to implement these using the BD Executive, leveraging central marketing, communications, events, knowledge, digital, data and CRM specialists.
Key areas of activity will include attendance of group meetings, producing plans, arranging and maintaining key account/referrer processes, undertaking analysis for press releases, developing content and collateral, organising events and sponsorships, and planning, budgeting and reporting on spend, both for cross firm groups and the wider BD&M function.
- Planning, Budgeting & Reporting – create cross firm group BD&M plans using the firm wide planning approach. Implement, monitor, measure and report on activity
- Events & Sponsorships – create a calendarised programme of owned and purchased events, on and offline, to assist practice in building and sustaining client relationships
- Key Accounts/Referrers – plan, monitor and report on activity, pipeline and revenue from key client accounts and referrers, organise team:team events and manage BD relationships
- Client Feedback – organise firm wide client feedback programme, focussed on key accounts and high value clients, using both online feedback and in-person interviews by the BD Director
- Public Relations – working with Head of Communications, assist with the creation of calendarised statistics based press releases on market/industry trends – analysing data and drafting comments for Comms/Partners to review/disseminate.
- Content & Collateral – produce calendarised yet responsive series of articles, blogs, whitepapers, videos, credentials, brochures etc. to assist groups in developing their reputation
- Finances – act as ‘financial controller’ for the BD&M team, assisting the Head of Clients & Data in overseeing the operations of the BD team, reporting on spend and variances to forecast
- Weekend Enquiries – monitor and forward internally new business enquiries received by email on weekends, checking the enquiries mailbox around once per day, and forwarding on relevant opportunities (this is a minimal time commitment around 15mins per day)
- Tenders & Pitches – lead on creation of client presentations and pitches, as well as responses to tender requests to assist cross firm groups in winning revenue
- Management – train, develop, manage and ensure quality of delivery from assigned BD&M Executive
- Proactively develop effective working relationships with partners/fee-earners across the firm providing them with professional BD&M advice, guidance and support
- Maintain and appropriately share knowledge of best practice and industry experience
- Represent the BD&M team on key internal groups and committees such as the Diversity and Inclusion committee and appropriate sub-committees
- Other such duties as and when required.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com
No agencies please