External Communications Senior Executive
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required, flexible applications considered
Monday - Friday
Business Development & Marketing (“BD&M”)
Purpose of job:
The External Comms Senior Executive will be responsible for implementing BD&M PR and Awards strategy across the practice areas and cross-firm groups.
The focus of the role will be to build measurable PR and awards plans and processes for the firm, and to implement these using our spokespeople and external PR firms, leveraging the wider BD&M team.
Key areas of activity will include writing and producing content, producing and managing awards entries, coordinating PR opportunities, liaising with journalists, as well as planning, monitoring and reporting on external comms spend, activity and return on investment.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Content – writing articles/blogs and repurposing content on technical topics based on info/data provided by fee earners;
- Awards – writing award entries leveraging existing collateral and templates;
- Data – comfortable working with data for content and press releases;
- Releases – drafting proactive press releases on BAU (business as usual) topics e.g. partner hires, awards;
- Editing – reviewing and optimizing public facing content e.g directory and award submissions;
- Identifying – finding opportunities to raise the firms profile, including media and awards, possibly using a media enquiries service (TBD);
- Tracking – following key media topics to identify opportunities for reactive comment;
- Reputation – protecting the firm’s reputation, identifying risks and reporting to BD&M management;
- Interviews – coordinating inbound interview requests working with external PR agencies as needed;
- Relationships – building relationships with specific industry journalists and award bodies;
- Pitching – selling in BAU releases to trade titles;
- Awards – creating a calendar and managing the submission process for all awards entries;
- Spokespeople – creating a ‘register’ of spokespeople by topic, titles and audience;
- Planning – managing a plan and calendar of proactive releases to ensure all practice areas receive ‘air-time’;
- Monitoring – disseminating coverage to stakeholders, creating weekly clippings report;
- Reporting – producing regular reports on activity, results, spend and return on investment;
- Suppliers – acting as day to day point of contact with external PR agencies;
- Training – coordinating media training of spokespeople using external providers.
- Other such duties as and when required.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Beth McDaid (Recruitment Assistant) at BMcDaid@kingsleynapley.co.uk
No agencies please