Criminal Financial Services Associate (3- 6 PQE)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required (flexible applications considered)
Monday - Friday
Purpose of job:
We are seeking an excellent lawyer to bolster our growing firm-wide Financial Services Group, specialising in contentious and non-contentious financial services work. Ideally, you will have significant experience of working for the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and / or advising firms and individuals regulated by the FCA. You will be based in the criminal litigation team but work closely with our employment, dispute resolution and regulatory colleagues in the provision of advice to the firm’s clients.
To advise the firm’s clients on a full range of contentious and non-contentious FCA-related matters. You will work as part of the Financial Services Group to advise on a number of matters to include:
- Providing advice to firms authorised by the FCA in respect of issues which require engagement with the regulator (across the Authorisations, Supervision and Enforcement divisions);
- Providing perimeter advice to firms, with particular focus on crypto asset firms;
- Providing advice on the applicability of the Money Laundering Regulations, with particular focus on the registration requirements as these apply to crypto asset firms;
- Providing advice to senior managers and certified persons in respect of their obligations under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR);
- Providing advice to individuals with an adverse regulatory history seeking to establish or maintain a career in the regulated sector;
- Advising individuals subject to enquiries, investigation and prosecution by the FCA in respect of alleged insider dealing, market abuse and market manipulation; and
- Advising individuals subject to compelled interviews by the FCA and in internal investigation interviews conducted by or on behalf of authorised firms.
You will also be working as part of larger cross-departmental teams in conducting internal investigations on behalf of corporates, educational / religious establishments, charities and public sector organisations and other entities, as well as advising individual witnesses asked to participate in such inquiries. You will also have the opportunity to assist partners on the wide range of defence work undertaken by the criminal team in respect of investigations and prosecutions by the SFO, HMRC and other agencies.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead on and participate in marketing and business development initiatives, and to deliver know-how sessions both internally and externally to promote knowledge and best practice with the firm and to promote the firm’s financial services capabilities both in the UK and overseas.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com
No agencies please