IT Database Administrator (DBA)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm
Monday - Friday
Purpose of job:
Supporting the Firm’s SQL database and reporting estate which would include designing, configuration, upgrade, management, and to perform any other development or configuration tasks which may be assigned to the holder by the Infrastructure Manager or Data Architect in relation to any of the Firm’s systems and applications from time to time.
Duties to include:
- Develop, manage and test database back-ups and recovery plans
- Carry out capacity planning activities to ensure there is control on of the growth the SQL estate
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Ensure SQL estate is highly available using best practice techniques (always on, clustering etc.)
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Working the Firm’s finance team in resolving practice management system (PMS) queries, and liaising with the software supplier in resolving any escalated support queries;
- Working with the finance team on any SQL or PMS upgrade projects, including application of hotfixes or major version upgrades;
- Report writing (whether in Excel, SQL, SSRS, or any other format) as may be required in respect of any data held by the firm.
- Building and refreshing SQL and PMS (Aderant) environments for Development, Testing and Production.
- Querying and manipulating databases (e.g. creating/ amending Tables, Views, and Stored Procedures using industry best practice for security and efficiency).
- Assisting with the development of front-end engines to access data from multiple enterprise database systems.
- Gaining good understanding of the use of current applications in order to support them and tailor them for efficiency drives.
- Writing technical procedures and documentation (including functional and technical specifications) for the systems including operations.
- Testing products thoroughly including UAT before releasing to the production environment.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating implementation activities.
- Maintaining and supporting the solutions once they have been released.
- Research and learn new techniques and technologies as defined by the business’ requirements.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com
No agencies please