9.30 am to 5.30 pm
Monday - Friday
Purpose of job:
Supporting the Firm’s application and systems development programme from a design, configuration, upgrade and development perspective, and to be a point of escalation for software based issues raised by the Service
Duties to include:
- Designing and coding efficient, maintainable, scalable solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio, C# .Net, SQL, Python, and any other appropriate technologies.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining services to integrate systems using REST APIs
- Working with internal stakeholders to understand and capture their requirements; performing an analysis and technical authority role when working on firm wide projects or initiatives
- When required, participating in or taking the lead on software upgrade projects, from hotfixes all the way through to major version upgrades;
- Configuring and customising firm applications as required
- Aiding DevOps: liaising with Infrastructure re Dev requirements, building and refreshing environments for Development, Testing and Production.
- Assisting with the development of front-end engines to access data from multiple enterprise database systems.
- Gaining a detailed understanding of the use of current applications in order to support them and tailor them for efficiency drives.
- Writing technical procedures and documentation (including functional and technical specifications) for the systems including operations.
- Testing products thoroughly including UAT before releasing to the production environment.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating implementation activities.
- Maintaining and supporting the solutions once they have been released.
- Researching, learning and applying new techniques and technologies as defined by the business’ requirements.
- Aligning to the standard of excellence in internal development practices, ensuring that development processes are being followed.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com
No agencies please