Business Development & Marketing Manager X2
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required - flexible applications considered
Monday - Friday
Business Development & Marketing (“BD&M”)
Purpose of job:
The BD&M Manager will be responsible for implementing BD&M strategy across a number of practice areas and cross-firm groups. This role will directly manage two/three BD Executives to deliver support to designated practices and groups.
The focus of the role will be to build measurable BD&M plans for assigned areas, and to implement these using the BD Executives, leveraging central marketing, communications, events, knowledge, digital, data and CRM specialists.
Key areas of activity will include producing content and collateral, pitches & presentations, organising events and sponsorships, managing directory entries, arranging and maintaining key account processes and planning, budgeting and reporting on spend.
The BD&M Manager will work closely with the BD&M Director on strategy, planning and measurement for designated practices and cross firm initiatives.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Planning, Budgeting & Reporting – create practice and group BD&M plans, in line with the firm’s strategy, using firm wide planning approach. Implement, monitor, measure and report on activity
- Directories and advertising – ensure practice area is represented in appropriate listings, rankings, directories etc. through earned and purchased channels, in order to build recognition in the marketplace
- Content & Collateral – produce calendarised yet responsive series of articles, blogs, whitepapers, videos, credentials, brochures etc. to assist practice in developing its reputation
- Events & Sponsorships – create a calendarised programme of owned and purchased events, on and offline, to assist practice in building and sustaining client relationships
- Pitches & Presentations – lead on creation of client presentations and pitches, as well as responses to tender requests to assist practice in winning revenue
- Key Accounts – plan, monitor and report on activity, pipeline and revenue from key client accounts and referrers
- Management – train, develop, manage and ensure quality of delivery from two/three BD&M Executives
- Proactively develop effective working relationships with partners/fee-earners across the firm providing them with professional BD&M advice, guidance and support
- Maintain and appropriately share knowledge of best practice and industry experience
- Assist the BD&M Director in overseeing the operations of the BD team, ensuring that processes/ projects are efficient, effective and completed on time
- Represent the BD&M team on key internal groups and committees such as the Diversity and Inclusion committee and appropriate sub-committees
- Other such duties as and when required.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com
No agencies please