Regulatory Associate/ Barrister (12 month FTC)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm and as required
Monday - Friday
Purpose of job:
To run own litigation caseload to assist the Regulatory team in the provision of services to the firm’s regulator clients and in particular to the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) the Education Workforce Council Wales (EWC) the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and the Architects Registration Board (ARB).
Kingsley Napley acts for the HCPC, EWC, GPhC and ARB preparing and presenting cases before their Fitness to Practise/disciplinary panels.
The role will involve:
- Considering papers received on instruction
- Meeting/speaking with and taking statements from witnesses
- Preparing witness statements
- Checking witness statements
- Liaising with the client, witnesses and the registrant’s representatives
- Making strategic decisions about case progression
- Preparing legal documents
- Supervision of Legal Assistants
- Completion of case management systems
To undertake administrative duties within the firm to ensure best practice. Compliance with the SRA Handbook and where appropriate the BSB Handbook.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please