Revenue Controller X1
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
Monday - Friday
Purpose of job:
The Revenue Controller will work within a team of three Revenue Controllers and one Revenue Control Assistant, reporting directly to the Revenue Control Supervisor. Together, the team are responsible for all areas of WIP management, billing and credit control. The team works to ensure the firm achieves and maintains healthy levels of WIP and debt, ensuring monthly billing and collection targets are hit and that all queries and concerns are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
The Revenue Controller will work closely with their designated departments, meeting all partners and fee earners on a monthly basis. They will have various forms of contact with both corporate and private individuals and will also need to build strong relationships with the cashiers team for assistance with cash receipts and disbursement queries.
The role requires an organised and methodical approach to ensure all WIP and debt balances are tackled, requiring a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will also need to be confident and persuasive when communicating with both internal and external clients and have a good judgment on how and when to escalate issues and concerns.
Specific duties to include:
- Organising and attending monthly meetings with all partners and fee earners within the designated teams, reviewing and agreeing actions for WIP balances and unpaid invoices.
- Responsible for reducing and maintaining unpaid debt levels by promptly following up on all agreed chasing actions (via telephone, e-mail and letter) in line with the firm’s collections policy.
- Prompt and accurate production of invoices submitted, ensuring full compliance with all relevant VAT and Solicitor Account Rules.
- Identifying and escalating potential debt issues to the Revenue Control Supervisor.
- General matter maintenance including WIP transfers, write offs and amendments to client/matter details.
- Ensure precise records are posted to the credit control system and the diary function is fully utilised.
- Analyse unpaid bills held at year end to help calculate the bad debt provision.
- Preparation of statements and reconciliations for client matters.
- Processing credit card payments.
- Dealing with all billing, VAT and debt queries from internal and external clients.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) email@example.com
No agencies please