Legal Business Acceptance Manager
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
Monday - Friday
Purpose of job:
This is a new role established to manage our business selection, acceptance activities, client and matter on-boarding systems, and processes on a day to day basis.
You will work with all practice areas across a medium sized, full service law firm which is at an exciting period in its growth and development. You will design and deploying a new, more centralised, on-boarding system for use across the firm, which will be an important part of the role. You will be involved from the outset in creating and implementing the systems and processes which you will manage on a day to day basis.
You will have a good knowledge of all legal and regulatory requirements governing client and matter selection and inception in a law firm (including conflict rules and financial crime obligations) and practical experience of applying them, gained whilst working in a law firm. You will have excellent management, communication and analytical skills be commercially aware and enthusiastic about collaborating with others across the business in developing and managing a new business support function and team. You should have the ability to demonstrate that you have played a role in delivering process and business improvements, having successfully managed change in your current or previous roles.
As Business Acceptance Manager you will sit within the Finance function, working closely with other relevant business support teams, all practice areas and the firm’s General Counsel, Money Laundering Compliance Officer and Data Protection Officer and with the opportunity also to develop this further as the business grows and as the legal and regulatory landscape evolves and develops.
Central to this role will be ensuring that the firm identifies conflicts of interest effectively and manages them appropriately, and achieves high levels of financial crime compliance, particularly in the areas of money laundering and sanctions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the firm’s client and matter selection as well as the inception system and processes
- Training, developing, managing and supervising the individuals within the team
- Working with the other members of the wider Compliance and Risk functions
- Assisting and supporting practice areas in their business acceptance activities
- Daily monitoring of activities to ensure legal and regulatory requirements are met and internal procedures are complied with
- Managing issues, with escalation when necessary, ensuring all are investigated thoroughly, presented clearly and succinctly to partners and/or other stakeholders for internal compliance review
- Analysing and responding appropriately to queries involving complex legal, regulatory and factual issues
- Ensuring all team SLAs are met and that the team demonstrates a commitment to continually improve service standards
- Collating and reporting management information to the CFOO, GC and partners
- Identification and implementation of business and process improvements
- Such other duties as may from time to time be required.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com
No agencies please