Date:5 February 2020
Non- Contentious Construction Senior Associate (5+ years PQE)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
Monday - Friday
Real Estate and Construction
Purpose of job:
We are looking for an outstanding senior construction solicitor to join our team. This is a unique and very exciting opportunity to join a partner and associate and help shape this ambitious practice area at Kingsley Napley. You will work closely with the construction and real estate partners of this busy department in the provision of advice to the firm’s clients.
To handle non-contentious construction work. Experience in contentious construction would be useful, but not essential. You will work as part of close knit team, advising the firm’s clients on construction matters to include:
- Assisting on a wide range of matters, including development, development/acquisition finance/renewable energy/infrastructure transactions, acting for both domestic and international clients (property developers, lenders, contractors, investors, purchasers, tenants)
- Advising on procurement routes and choice of contract
- Advising on and drafting all construction legal documentation including construction and engineering contracts and ancillary documents (including drafting schedules of amendments to industry standard forms of building contracts (JCT, NEC, FIDIC), forms of appointment, collateral warranties, novation agreements, bonds and guarantees, bespoke building contracts and sub-contracts)
- Advising in relation to construction obligations in funding/development/purchase agreements and agreements for lease
- Undertaking due diligence exercises for funders, purchasers and tenants and reporting on the adequacy of contract documentation
- Supervising trainee and junior associates as necessary
- Assist with precedent projects within the team
- Carry out extensive marketing and business development for the Real Estate and Construction Team
- Carry out Know-How sessions internally and externally as required
Other duties include:
- To undertake administrative duties within the firm to ensure best practice.
- Compliance with Law Society Regulations and The Guide to Professional Conduct of Solicitors 1996.
- Exposure to a variety of matters and personal development
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please