Private Client Senior Associate (Court of Protection)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
Monday - Friday
Private Client (Court of Protection team)
Purpose of job:
We are looking for an outstanding Private Client law practitioner with a specialism in Court of Protection work to join our team. You will work closely with the four partners of this busy department in the provision of advice to the firm’s clients. We practise all areas of Private Client law, representing clients in the UK and abroad.
The Private Client team has two core areas:
Specific duties: To work, as part of a team, advising the firm’s clients on Court of Protection and Private Client law matters to include but not limited to:
- Supporting the professional Deputies/Trustees in their role including contact with the clients and their families and attending annual review meetings
- Court applications for the appointment of Deputies
- Routine Court applications for matters such as property sales and purchases, approval to make payments on account of gratuitous care etc.
- Complex Court applications for approval to make statutory wills, make gifts on behalf of the Protected Party and approval to establish settlements
- Litigation support to our specialist Clinical Negligence team, working closely alongside them in on-going litigation matters
- Assisting with the production of reports as required, including preparing annual deputyship reports on forms OPG102 and OPG105
- Advising upon and drafting of Personal Injury Trusts
- To have a good knowledge of UK Inheritance tax and other UK taxes.
- Supervising trainee and junior associates as necessary.
- Assist with precedent projects within the Private Client department.
- Carry out extensive marketing and business development for the Private Client department and KN’s Private Wealth Group.
- Carry out Know-How sessions internally and externally as required
- Compliance with the SRA Handbook and where appropriate the BSB Handbook.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com
No agencies please