9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
Monday - Friday
Purpose of job:
As the Management Accountant you will take primary responsibility for the production of monthly management information and reports and will be closely involved in all budgeting aspects for the firm working closely with key stakeholders in the monthly maintenance of their budgets.
Working alongside the Head of Finance and a Trainee Management Accountant, you will be expected to provide leadership to the Office Account Team for daily nominal postings as well as maintaining the integrity of the balance sheet for reporting purposes.
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts including firm wide profit and loss accounts, departmental contribution statements and various KPI reports to agreed timescales
- Providing commercial analysis and commentary to various partners and the Head of Finance and CFOO on monthly results
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual firm wide budget and reforecasts as required
- Maintenance of the monthly cost centre budgets and reporting of actual results including variance analysis to key stakeholders
- Working with the Head of Finance on the production of the annual and quarterly Financial Statements prepared in accordance to FRS102 accounting standards
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset, Prepayments and Accrual schedules
- Maintaining the integrity of all balance sheet items
- Liaising with external auditors and accountants with respect to the statutory audit and income tax requirements
- Dealing with ad-hoc reporting and business analysis requests
- Liaising with the Office Account Team with respect to expenses, invoice postings and balance sheet reconciliations
- Liaising with Human Resources with respect to payroll and payroll benefits
- Training fee earners on the full suite of available management information
- Working with and providing guidance to junior finance staff to encourage knowledge sharing and professional development within the department
- Contributing to various finance projects currently underway with respect to the automation of reports and dashboard KPI reporting.