Commercial Paralegal (6 month FTC)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
Monday - Friday
Purpose of job:
To assist the department in the provision of advice to the firm’s clients.
The role of this paralegal is to work alongside the fee-earners in the Company/Commercial team with respect to any aspect of their caseload with which assistance is needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- In conjunction with other members of the team, assisting with new enquiries into the department, including speaking with potential clients on the telephone, and drafting emails in response to written enquiries.
- Assisting with anti-money laundering checks on potential clients, drafting engagement letters and opening new files.
- Assisting with due diligence on corporate/banking transactions, and in particular establishing and operating online data rooms, ordering and indexing relevant documentation, and if necessary reviewing and summarising the key terms of such documentation
- Assisting with basic drafting and high level review of transactional documents under supervision.
- Dealing with incorporation and structuring of new companies.
- Attending meetings with clients and taking a detailed note.
- Researching points of law and other factual issues, through the use of online resources, textbooks and other appropriate sources
- Proof reading and checking forms and documents for accuracy.
- Assisting with the general administration of the Company/Commercial team, including filing, scanning and photocopying.
- Liaising with other staff at the firm, and with other professionals and lawyers outside the firm as required.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form.
For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) at email@example.com
No agencies please.