9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
Monday - Friday
Legal Costs Team
Purpose of job:
To provide a cost drafting and legal costs support service to the firm.
- To prepare all types of bills for detailed assessment both privately and publicly funded: Clinical Negligence and Dispute Resolution
- To prepare Points of Dispute and Replies
- To negotiate the settlement of costs and when settlement negotiations prove unsuccessful conduct detailed assessment hearings
- To complete matters upon settlement of costs to include where appropriate: Accounting to previous firms of solicitors, reporting to the LAA (Claim1 or 2), preparing client invoices, reconciling ledger for file closing and reporting to conducting fee earner
- To assist in the preparation of Cost Budgets and attend CMC hearings
- To prepare cost schedules for summary assessment
- To prepare Estimates for Allocation and Listing Questionnaires (pre01/04/13 cases)
- To advise fee earners and assist with all costs related issues.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form. For further information about this position please contact, in confidence, Natalie Slater (Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org