Senior Legal Process Designer
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
Monday - Friday
Business Engagement Team
Purpose of job:
This role will be responsible for driving improvements and innovations in the way that we deliver our legal services to our clients, including internal and externally facing processes. The role will also be responsible for working with the firm and particularly its management structure to develop and implement a strategy for continuous improvement at Kingsley Napley which aligns with our firm-wide business objectives.
To work as part of the BIIT to:
- Support Management in developing and executing a Continuous Improvement (CI) Strategy, particularly in relation to the delivery of legal services to our clients
- Work with Management to develop and prioritise a CI programme of projects to underpin the CI strategy
- Coordinate the CI programme alongside other programmes of work under the remit of the firm’s projects governance structure
- Take responsibility for all CIprojects for the firm ensuring that they are adequately resourced and progressed according to the firm’s business objectives
- To take the lead on working with specific clients to improve the way we work with them as requested and necessary, and to carry out/assist with projects for current and potential clients as a separate offering should this be required
- Be responsible for working with the BIIT Senior Manager to contribute towards CI aspects of the BIIT business plan, aligned to delivering the relevant elements of the firm’s business plan
- Contribute to the strategy of the BIIT, ensuring that all firm-wide projects are delivered in accordance with the firm’s CI strategy
- Be a champion of innovation to drive behavioural change and understanding around innovation
- Take the lead on the communication of the firm’s CIstrategy internally and externally (for example, during tender exercises) when necessary.
- Ability to plan and facilitate process mapping workshops in order to engage with the lawyers and support functions within the firm
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including preparing reports and presenting to senior stakeholders and clients
- Excellent data analysis skills (ideally to Black Belt level in Lean Six Sigma, using Excel and/or Minitab)
- Supervision and coaching of business analysts, lawyers and others in support functions in the discipline of process improvement
- A good understanding of the legal technology market, key players and key challenges of implementing new products in a law firm context
- Project Management skills and familiarity with project management tools, best practice and methodologies such as PRINCE2
- Experience with working with project delivery frameworks such as agile and waterfall.