Private Client Associate (6-8 PQE)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm and as required
Monday - Friday
Purpose of job:
We are looking for an outstanding Private Client law practitioner to join our team. You will work closely with the four partners of this busy department in the provision of advice to the firm’s clients. We practise all areas of Private Client law, representing clients in the UK and abroad.
The Private Client team has two core areas: traditional Private Client covering Wills, Probate, Trusts and Tax planning; and Court of Protection work.
The main focus of this job will be in the area covering traditional Private Client work with particular focus on Succession and Tax planning; both domestic and international.
To work, as part of a team, advising the firm’s clients on Private Client law matters to include but not limited to:
- Succession planning for both UK residents and non-residents and UK domiciled and non-domiciled individuals
- Creation of Worldwide and UK Wills and Letters of Wishes; many complex in nature
- To have a good knowledge of UK Inheritance tax and other UK taxes affecting individuals coming to the UK or investing in the UK
- Advising, setting up and administering trusts. Understanding the interaction between UK taxes and succession law and offshore trusts
- Advising on use of non-trust assets protective vehicles such as Family Investment Companies
- Occasional probate work and/or supervising probate work
- Supervising trainee and junior associated as necessary
- Assist with precedent projects within the Private Client department.
- Carry out extensive marketing and business development for the Private Client department and KN’s Private Wealth Group.
- Carry out Know-How sessions internally and externally as required
- Compliance with the SRA Handbook and where appropriate the BSB Handbook.