9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
Monday - Friday
Business Engagement Team
Purpose of job:
As Business Analyst you will assist with the development and management of firm projects. You will engage with practice areas and business support departments in order to shape and scope project and initiative proposals and through working closely with the Project Managers and other project team members, deliver working solutions to deliver business benefits.
Duties to include:
- Working with the Business Engagement Manager and the practice areas around the firm to understand business operations, challenges, and their upcoming plans and priorities.
- Developing a good understanding of the firm’s existing applications, processes and systems.
- Keeping abreast of enhancements to our existing technology and marketplace developments.
- To assist the Business Engagement Manager in identifying, analysing and appraising stakeholder requirements and business benefits and producing detailed scoping documentation.
- Extracting business requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, data analysis and task and workflow analysis.
- Inputting to and producing business cases to help evaluate the value to the business of any proposed initiatives
- Proactively communicating and collaborating with internal clients to analyse business processes, needs and functional requirements. Producing requirements specifications and workflow processes documentation.
- To drive and challenge practice areas and to act as the liaison between the departments and IT Development team for business solution requirements, development and implementation.
- Work with requirements to create test scripts, plans and scenarios.
- Undertake system testing in line with scripts, plans and scenarios; providing comprehensive documentation of results.
- Co-ordinate user acceptance tests ensuring clients undertake test duties to established standards.
- Assist with overall project management by providing reports and feedback to the Project Manager, ensuring agreed deadlines are met.
- Working with the Project Managers and IT Development team to establish the technical vision and analyse efficient usability with functionality and performance.
- Review and update requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to the proposed solution to ensure traceability of decisions and related changes.
- Assist in the implementation of business processes and initiatives and monitoring the achievement of business benefits
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal clients. Be a point of contact for all business solution requirements and ensure appropriate guidance and co-ordination is provided.