Immigration Professional Support Lawyer (4+ years PQE)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
3 - 4 days per week
Purpose of job:
To provide a professional service to fee-earners within the Immigration Practice Area. To keep fee earners up-to-date on immigration developments, to support the development of their expertise and to maintain the department's knowledge database.
Responsibilities will include:
- Updating, maintaining and developing a full suite of immigration know-how including the precedent system, checklists, letters, workflows and updates
- Monitoring practice and legal developments and ensuring that key information is passed on to fee earners in the group
- Maintaining the immigration homepage on the intranet and being responsible for the group’s contribution to the external website
- Organising internal lectures and seminars
- Marketing and business development - producing updates and newsletters for clients, assisting with tender processes, marketing events and client seminars, assisting with research for articles to be published in journals etc
- Production and updating of contracts
- Assisting with submissions for legal directories
- Fee earner enquiries
- Compliance with the SRA Handbook and where appropriate the BSB Handbook.