Public Law Paralegal (6 month FTC)
9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required
Monday - Friday
Public Law / Inquiries teams
Purpose of job:
The role of this paralegal is to work alongside any of the fee-earners in the Public Law / Inquiries teams with respect to any aspect of their caseload with which assistance is needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and managing large quantities of information for court and inquiry proceedings, including using electronic document management systems
- Preparation of documents for submission to court / inquiries
- Researching points of law and other factual issues, through the use of legal databases, textbooks and other appropriate sources
- General case administration and document management
- Attending meetings with clients, conferences with counsel and court appearances and taking detailed notes
- Dealing with new client enquiries by email and telephone
- Administrative tasks such as filing, scanning and photocopying.